I enjoy most things wrapped in pastry, but these are truly yummy. Not only that but they are so quick and simple AND it looks like you have put in lot more effort than you actually have. These are great for picnics, parties or just for lunch!
You can use any good quality sausage to do this but I love the spiciness of chorizo.
- 5 chorizo sausages
- 2 sheets of frozen puff pastry
- 1 egg
- Sesame seeds
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celcius
- Take your puff pasty out of the oven and separate them about 10 minutes before you start
- Using a scissors cut the casing off the sausages, keeping the sausages whole (if you find this tricky, this is not an entirely necessary step and you can keep the casings on)
- Cut the puff pastry into 1 cm wide strips
- Wrap strips of pasty around each sausage, overlapping the pastry slightly as you go. You will probably need two to three strips per sausage.
- Use a fork to whisk the egg slightly, then using a pasty brush, brush each sausage roll with the egg.
- Sprinkle each roll with sesame seeds
- Place in the oven and cook until the pastry is golden and the sausage is cooked all the way through (approx 15-20 minutes)
- Leave to cool slightly and then cut into bite sized pieces.